Active Minerals International, LLC (AMI) focuses on innovative industrial mineral solutions for today’s technologically advanced world. We are an award winning, environmentally responsible company, dedicated to reserving resources, reclaiming mined land and leaving the Earth a better place. AMI is the largest supplier of air float kaolin and gel quality attapulgite. Its vision, mission and values are based on the core values of integrity, innovation, teamwork, and execution.
We are looking for an experienced Database Developer to perform these key functions at our corporate annex headquarters located in Macon, GA. If you have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, past personal success and a commitment to continual improvement and personal/professional growth, please apply today!
In addition to a great working environment, AMI offers an excellent total compensation package which includes:
• Medical/Prescription & Dental
• 401k Plan including an Employer Match, up to 6%
• Short & long-term disability, at no cost
• Group term life, at no cost
• Vision at discounted rates
• Voluntary life at discounted rates
• 13 paid holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition/Certification Reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Travel/Medical Assistance
• Free parking
• Leadership Development
• Other great perks
Responsible for creating, implementing and the performance tuning of computer databases. Determines the best database management system for various applications and tests database programs for efficiency and performance. Trouble-shoots and corrects problems.
Essential / Major Functions
Designs database systems:
Analyzes the needs of the company and produces an effective database system to meet those needs. This requires knowledge of database administration software, programming languages, architectures, data models and data integrity practices.
Tests new products:
Conducts performance testing procedures to ensure proper operations of a database including troubleshooting any potential problems and creating/submitting testing reports and information about improving the database system if necessary.
Develops database documentation:
Creates documentation about the database system and provides an operational manual and supporting documentation including adding information about any changes or improvements as they are implemented
Participates in the IT global on-call rotation including evenings/weekends. Keep current on technology trends through certifications and other professional development opportunities. Maintains telecommunication systems. Trains cross functionally within the IT department to assist as needed.
Other projects and duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Skill Sets
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred; or equivalent work experience
• Advanced SQL skills including Performance Tuning, SQL Stored Procedures, SQL scripting, SQL backup
• Working knowledge of ERP systems; INFOR SL9 a plus
• Applying technical design and development skills to the creation of database programs
• Analyzing current databases and data needs to develop effective systems
• Using knowledge of specific programming languages and codes
• Following implementation processes for new databases
• Troubleshooting and providing solutions for any bugs in new database applications
• Salesforce data integration
• System conversion experience
• Microsoft Office (including Access), MS SQL Server 2012-2019, MS Exchange 2010/2019, MS Server 2008/2012R2/2019, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Terminal Services, Networks, & Firewalls
• Knowledge of Citrix, VMWare
• Personal organization and ability to manage and prioritize time to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of VoIP telecommunications
Work is performed mostly in an office environment, with occasional exposure to production environment(s). Able to sit, stand, climb, crawl, walk, bend and stoop. Able to lift, pull, push and carry up to 35 lbs. Manual dexterity required for operation of a computer keyboard and installation of cables in ceilings or walls. Vision and a sense of hearing are also required. Routine domestic travel may be required.
“Active Minerals International is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, disability, marital status, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.”
Job ID: 251449671