iHire, an industry-focused online talent platform headquartered in Downtown Frederick, MD, has an opening for full-time Software Developer to add to our growing team.
You will have the opportunity to develop software and new technologies for the company to use on its websites and backend systems in support of customer success, sales, marketing, human resources, finance/billing, product and other functional areas. This position requires showing mastery in one or more areas of software development and a solid understanding of best practices in the software development cycle.
This is a great opportunity to work with a progressive company that works hard and plays hard (even in our temporarily 100% remote environment)! If you are passionate about development and looking for a place where you can make your mark, we want to hear from you.
- Produce defect free software programs, web sites, and services using the latest technology, current standards, and best practices.
- Work with creativity and advanced thinking.
- Apply generally accepted program standards and techniques to ensure efficient program logic and data manipulation.
- Document design, comment code, and use meaningful variable names to allow for easily maintainable code. Understand and use advanced design concepts and patterns to allow for others to easily understand the code and modify it. Communicate and educate others in the use of design patterns and standards.
- Provide thorough unit and system level testing of features and bug fixes to include nominal cases, edge cases, and negative tests. Communicate tests that should be run once the system is deployed to the production environment. Use advanced techniques to test difficult scenarios.
- Use best practices for software configuration management. Establish new development projects and manage existing software releases (check-ins, branches, merges). Ensure that all code is operational and adequately tested prior to checking in code to common repositories used by other engineers. Take on responsibility for release management.
- Accept project technical lead responsibilities and serve as a project manager for small team efforts.
- Investigate and recommend third party products to be used in the development process.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of related experience or training; or equivalent of both.
- Three or more years general software development, preferably in a corporate setting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with experience in Microsoft technologies including C#, MVC, Entity Framework. SQL Server a plus.
- Working experience in distributed version control systems, such as Git.
Why You’ll Love iHire
- We offer a competitive salary plus an exceptional benefits package including generous PTO, flextime, comprehensive health benefits, professional development opportunities, matching 401(k), and more!
- Enjoy a collaborative, fun, and flexible (and currently remote) work environment – we’ll even provide you with the equipment you need as well as a monthly internet stipend.
More About iHire
iHire has been in business for more than 20 years (and counting), helping job seekers just like you find great opportunities in their industry. But iHire isn’t your average company. We value passion, ability, enthusiasm, and dedication. And, we provide a flexible environment where the best employees can thrive, grow with us, and become leaders while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
Although we’ve temporarily exchanged our famously stocked breakroom and in-person social events for virtual happy hours and “Zoom” Pictionary, you’ll quickly find out why iHire is a great place to work – even when working remotely!
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our clients and communities. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, people of all ages, and veterans to apply. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds and perspectives.