5 - 10 years
As a C++ Software Engineer at WBNY (a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment), you will be working primarily on client-facing interfaces to our online game services platform called "Hydra Studio”, in addition to some other internal technologies. You will be responsible for the continued development of our products and tools that integrate tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand our systems and add value to WB Games' catalogue of products.
We are looking for candidates with the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don’t expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
- Maintain and improve our Software Development Kits (SDKs), directly impacting our clients’ ability to easily integrate our services into their game client.
- Collaborate with other engineers and clients to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of our SDKs.
- Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems.
- Share an on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team, and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
- Iterate and develop test suites to maintain the high-quality standard of our code.
- Minimum 5 years professional software development experience with demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Visual Studio and C/C++.
- Experience with Unreal engine 3 or 4, or any other game engine.
- Experience interacting with game consoles (Xbox One, PS4) and mobile platforms (iOS, Android) strongly desired.
- Video game industry experience is a plus.
- Ability to write efficient and optimized code.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- A self-motivated work process and excellent communication skills.
- Interest in working on-site at our office in Troy, NY.
*We are willing to relocate the right candidate.
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits: medical, dental, and vision programs for you and your dependents
- Company-matching 401K retirement program
- Free games, discounts, and other employee benefits offered by Warner Bros.
- An open & collaborative work space
- We value a good work-life balance
- The code and systems you work on will be in production and used by millions of gamers all around the world, within some of the most popular IP in the video game industry.
Job ID: 249411887