Job ID: 227359434
3 - 5 years
“Trade Operations Specialist”
ETF Managers Group is a rapidly growing issuer of thematic ETFs located in Summit, NJ with 15 funds and over $3.5 billion assets under management. We are searching for a Trade Operations Specialist responsible for day-to-day support for the ETF trade desk. The right candidate is driven, organized and process oriented with at least 2 years hands on experience with ETF operations and/or trading. This role will report directly to the CEO and be a member of a critical team within our fast paced, rapidly growing organization. The responsibilities will include oversight of day to day Index rebalances, developing baskets to facilitate daily order flows, monitoring and responding to corporate action events and working with other PMs/Traders and brokers on trade implementation; fiduciary oversight including monitoring portfolio tracking error and proposing, as necessary, strategies to reduce tracking error; internal client engagement with capital markets and product development. If you are experienced, thrive in a fast-paced environment and looking to join a company where doing your job well is acknowledged and rewarded then this is a place for you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with executive management to understand trade reporting requirements and execute production of daily, weekly, monthly as well as regular/ad hoc reports with a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner.
- Produce regular and adhoc reports to support various sales, marketing and research efforts.
- Maintain trade and settlement data and optimize the reporting procedures using MS Excel/VBA to support daily portfolio management workflow. (creating tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, error handling, etc.)
- Assist with automation by writing VBA code using macros and formulas to speed up processes and maximize accuracy.
- Support timely and accurate trade processing and settlement of trades involving both ETF creations and redemptions and agency executions. Support the processing of corporate actions, transitions, rebalancing, and cash monitoring.
- Oversee ETF collateral processing and monitoring and serve as point person for trading desk & PM team and custody banks.
- Serve as operational support to front office and provide direction on complex inquiries.
- Support daily, monthly and quarterly activities of investment portfolios, including transition activity and cash activity.
- Develop procedures and internal control documentation. Identify operational process improvements and recommend solutions to stakeholders.
- Monitor and stay up-to-date on industry and regulatory changes/events impacting trading and collateralization. Assist legal with execution of agreements and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics, computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in investment and/or trade operations with ETF issuer/manager
- Strong MS Excel/Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) skills
- Experience writing advanced macros for MS Excel
- Customer service focused
- Able to gather information and resources required to set a plan of action for self-and/or others; prioritize and arrange work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance covered in full by employer
- 401k matching
- Annually awarded performance-based bonus