Job ID: 168474349
To provide complex systems analysis, administration, and applications development support for the Agency's PC, network, and Internet/Intranet systems
Essential Areas of Responsibility: To work as a part of a small, but effective team, that supports various application from property management, low income housing compliance, finance, procurement, housing finance and construction management. Ideal candidate must be flexible and willing to move between multiple application and programming languages and support some legacy systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have ability to function as both a programmer and business analyst and learn the complexities of the agency's government programs. Must have the ability to prioritize, is a self-starter, and is excited to assist in the agency's technology requirements via web development and mobile integration to our enterprise applications.
Education & Experience: Any of the combination of the following will be considered:
AA or Certificate plus 5 years of experience OR BS Computer Science plus 3 years experience OR 7 years related experience Experience should be in:
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in web development, database programming, Mobile application development & support
Must have: ASP.NET MVC, C#, WEB API's, Angular 2.0, SQL Server
Preferred : Typescript, Bootstrap, JQuery, SSRS
Job Duties & Responsibilities: Note: The following duties are typical of those performed by incumbents in this class. Other related duties may be performed. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual. Placement at the IT Applications & Development Analyst level requires demonstrated experience and competency in performing a majority of the duties listed here.
User Support/Application Development and Support
• Respond to user requests for assistance, including report generation, data extracts, troubleshooting, problem analysis, requirement gathering and training
• Design, build, modify and/or acquire, implement, test, debug and support business application software for the Agency
• Develop, test and implement plans for systems installation, integration, migration, conversion, system interfaces, programming and support
• Analyze, detect, identify and correct technical problems and deficiencies
• Assist departments with their information processing needs
• Assist with help desk issues
• Provide coordination between outside vendors and Agency staff
• Track problem reports and follow through to resolution
• Provide user procedures and documentation
• Maintain and support appropriate departmental applications such as housing management software (e.g. Yardi products) and finance software (e.g. IFAS products) and community development applications
• Provide a wide range of programming support for existing and new applications, including utilizing , Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, HTML, Java Script, SQL, PHP, .Net, VB & VB.Net, asp.net, C# and Crystal reports System Administration
• Assist with Internet/Intranet configuration, development, maintenance, support and content management • Install updates and new software releases as needed
• Assist with desktop and/ software application version control, optimization, updates, and integration with other Agency applications
• Configure, maintain and optimize databases (i.e., Microsoft Access and, SQL server, etc.)
• Design, develop and maintain Agency-wide data models and structures
• Set up user and group accounts
• Implement and monitor system security procedures for third party or custom applications
• Provide software support and installation (as assigned)
• Implement, monitor and support Agency's document archival and retrieval system
• Modify file structures, file sizes, re-index databases, and provide upload and download capabilities with other systems
• Design and implement interfaces with PCs and other systems
• Configure application/printer interface
• Act as vendor liaison for problem resolution
• Act as project lead (as assigned)
Coordination and Administration Functions:
• Assist in coordinating activities on high-level projects or tasks with staff, vendors, and Agency departments
• Provide business analysis and feasibility studies and recommend solutions
• Provide guidance to other IT staff on technical projects
• Monitor quality control procedures
• Recommend changes in work process
• Perform project management duties as assigned
• Assist in coordinating customer service functions
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency can't function without great employees. We are always on the lookout for talented, caring individuals to join our team! Employment with the Agency represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across Sacramento. Professions in government help...
Sacramento Housing & Redevelopment Agency can't function without great employees. We are always on the lookout for talented, caring individuals to join our team! Employment with the Agency represents more than just a job. A career in public service is an opportunity to serve fellow citizens across Sacramento. Professions in government help support many aspects of our community and considering a career in public service is an honorable choice.
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is a great place to work. SHRA was honored with the 2010 Sacramento Workplace Excellence Leader (SWEL) award presented by the Sacramento Area Human Resource Association (SAHRA). The Agency was recognized for its organizational philosophy of meaningful work, commitment to employee development, work/life balance, and opportunities to have fun with co-workers.
We promote a commitment to community all across the Agency. SHRA employees feel good about the work they do everyday in the organization to make Sacramento a better place to live, work and play.